One of the worst things many people can imagine is losing their home. In a covered claim, your home insurance will pay to rebuild your home as it was and help replace your belongings. Intact Insurance’s Lifestyle Coverage offers additional flexibility for you to rebuild your life in the event of a total loss to your home.
What is Intact’s Lifestyle Coverage?
This coverage is available as an add-on to your Intact home insurance and includes the following benefits:
- If your home is a total loss, you can settle the claim on a replacement cost basis without the obligation to rebuild the exact same home.
- Your home’s contents can be settled on a replacement cost basis with the option to get a cash settlement.
- The deductible is waived on your first eligible property loss (damage caused by earthquake and water damage are not eligible).
- Includes claims-free protection.
- Includes coverage for a dependent in a healthcare facility.
If you have your auto insurance with Intact Insurance, you can also enjoy the perk of your deductible may be waived for a covered total loss or a hit and run (terms and conditions apply).
Under most home insurance policies, homeowners would be required to rebuild the same home on the same site, with the only changes to be to bring the home up to current building codes. However, with the Lifestyle Advantage endorsement, homeowners would be able to settle their claim and receive the full replacement value of their home. But they would not have to rebuild the same home. They can instead choose to build the home elsewhere or build a different home at the current location. It gives homeowners the freedom and flexibility to choose what best suits their needs.
Who is eligible for Intact’s Lifestyle Advantage?
Not every homeowner is eligible for Intat’s Lifestyle Advantage. To be eligible, you must be:
- At least 50 years of age
- If you live in Atlantic Canada, you must be licensed at least 34 years or more
- At least be claims-free for 3 years
- Have a home and auto insurance policy bundled with Intact
Intact may allow the Lifestyle Advantage to be added to a standalone home insurance policy as well.
Contact your broker today if you’re interested in adding this coverage to your policy.